1 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Oil
1 white onion thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic minced
1 medium red chili - seeds and pith removed, thinly sliced (or to taste)
2 cans Biona Organic ,thoroughly rinsed and drained; seeds removed and center "core" pieces chopped
juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp Biona Organic red wine vinegar
3 tbsp Biona Organic soy sauce
1 tsp Liquid Seasoning
1 tbsp Biona Organic lime juice to taste
8 Wholemeal tortilla wraps
Coconut Yoghurt to drizzle over the top
For the Jackfruit Carnitas spice blend:
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tbsp ground coriander
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
(mix all ingredients together and hey presto its good to go!)
For the Salsa:
½ Lettuce, finely chopped
1 red pointed pepper, chopped
5 cherry tomotoes, chopped
- In a large frying pan, heat your oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic, and chilli peppers along with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- If needed, use a towel to pat excess liquid from the jackfruit. Then add the jackfruit to the pan and stir. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 5-6 minutes or until the jackfruit has dried out somewhat.
- Add about two thirds of the carnitas spice blend to the pan and stir. Cook for about 60 seconds or until fragrant. Reserve remaining spice blend to season to taste at the end of cooking, if desired.
- Add the orange juice, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and stir.
- Simmer until most of the liquid is cooked off, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional salt, spice mix, and fresh lime juice. Serve hot with the wraps, coconut yoghurt and salsa.