Organic Mighty Greens Pesto Pasta
½ red onion, quartered through root end
600g torn mixed greens and tender herbs
50g toasted sesame seeds, plus more for serving
100g grated Biona Feta cheese
3 tablespoons Biona organic olive oil; plus, more for drizzling
8 garlic cloves, smashed
500g Biona Organic fusilli pasta (we used spelt)
1. Cook onion and mixed greens and herbs in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 2 minutes.
2. Using tongs, transfer to a bowl of ice water and swish around in the water to cool down as quickly as possible (this helps retain the bright colour).
3. Drain and gently squeeze to remove excess liquid, then press between a double layer of paper towels to remove as much remaining liquid as possible. Reserve pot with greens cooking liquid.
4. Process ¼ cup sesame seeds in a food processor until finely ground. Add onion and greens mixture and 50g feta and process until a coarse paste forms. With motor running, stream in 3 Tbsp. oil and process, adding water by the tablespoonful if needed to thin, until pesto is very smooth.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy pot over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add pesto and cook, stirring, until sauce looks like most of the moisture has been cooked out, about 1 minute.
6. Meanwhile, bring reserved pot of greens cooking liquid to a boil and cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
7. Using tongs, transfer pasta to pot with pesto and add ½ cup pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing, until each strand of pasta is coated. Remove from heat and divide pasta among bowls. Top with more sesame seeds and remaining 50g feta and drizzle with oil.